Author Topic: Greetings and Thanks!  (Read 2103 times)

Offline JohnO

• Server Tech
    • View Profile
Greetings and Thanks!
« on: January 18, 2014, 11:05:24 AM »
Greetings,

First off, thanks Don, for taking the time to document and share your knowledge!  Really great stuff here.

I've been working in IT infrastructure for 20+ years.  Now I'm consulting, and doing very little hands-on, but I like to keep my toe in at home.  While I'm primarily a Macintosh guy,  I've currently got a cheap PC running Windows 7 and VMWare Player running two Linux VMs at home.  That machine maxes out at 8 GB RAM.

A few years ago I was excited to try ESXi, but realized that I would need hardware well beyond what I wanted to purchase.  It now looks like I could put together a small server machine that could handle more memory, and serve my needs, especially if I was able to pass through enough hardware (video, USB) so the machine could also function as a Windows PC for those times when I needed to upgrade firmware on an old USB GPS, for example.

I'll post a more specific question in the appropriate section when the time comes, but just wanted to say hello and thanks!

John

Offline vintagedon

• ESXi Home Lab Fanatic
  • Administrator
  • Server Admin
  • The Cloud is Where It's At!
    • View Profile
    • The Home Server Blog
Re: Greetings and Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:32:47 PM »
John:

You're very welcome, and that was the point of the blog, and then later on, the forums.

Welcome to the community, and I look forward to hearing more from you, and helping out in any way I can.

As Always,
VintageDon

Offline Nermarhz

• Server Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 03:43:55 AM »
Your knowledge will be a great standard in the memory forever.

Offline Kingray

• Server Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 04:12:42 AM »
Combines all the knowledge in one place